The mission of the Fondation de l’Ordre des dentistes du Québec
The idea of creating a foundation was born out of a desire on the part of the Ordre des dentistes du Québec to affirm the social commitment of the dental profession. The Fondation can therefore implement various initiatives that enable the provision of free dental treatments to vulnerable members of society and to reach out to those who have difficulty accessing dental clinics, among other things. The Ordre des dentistes du Québec is one of the rare professional associations to have set up such a foundation.
The Fondation de l’Ordre des dentistes du Québec mission is to establish, solicit, and manage funds with the goal of improving access to dental care for the province’s most vulnerable people. It carries this out by implementing and supporting projects with a preventive, curative, and applied research aim, while also raisong awareness about the lack of access to dental care. The Fondation seeks to recognize contributions from individuals and organizations that help advance its efforts.
Improving general health through better access to oral health care services for all Quebecois facing situations of vulnerability.
- Social commitment and benevolence
- Respect and dignity
- Appreciation for its donors
- Inclusion and diversity
On April 1, 1996, the Fondation obtained its legal status as a non-profit organization. It then developed various methods to better carry out its mission, including:
- Reduce social disparities through the implementation of Projet Bouche B and by financing projects that contribute to improving access to dental care.
- Educate and Raise awareness among health professionals, students, government authorities, and the public at large on issues of access to dental care, the impact of oral health on general health, and available services.
- Enhance knowledge by financing research projects aimed at improving access to dental care.
- Encourage and Contribute to social engagement by awarding bursaries to dental students who have shown significant community involvement during the course of their dental training.
- Collaborate and Support people in situations of vulnerability according to our criteria and capacity, as well as our referring organisations, partner agencies, donors, employees, and volunteers.
- Ensure an appropriate financial structure, including a growth in donations and contributions.